Eight (8) Hours Classroom Training Session
A. Moral and Legal Aspects:
1. Laws regarding possession, carrying of Firearms/Use of Deadly Force.
2. Avoidance of Deadly Force (De-escalation of Deadly Force).
3. Shooting Incidents (Reporting; Criminal & Civil Liabilities).
B. Firearm Nomenclature and Maintenance
1. Revolver & Semi-Automatic (Descrip./Ammunition/Parts/Nomenclature).
2. Firearms General Safety Rules (at home/off duty/carrying on duty/Range).
3. Revolver & Semi-Autiomatic Handguns (Inspection/Cleaning/Maintenance).
C. Weapon Handling & Shooting Fundamentals
1. Differences between Revolver & Semi-Automatic Handguns.
2. Loading & Unloading Revolvers & Semi-Automatic Handguns.
3. Positions (Point Shoulder/Standing/Kneeling/Sitting/Prone, etc.).
4. Grip (Two-handed, One-handed, Left-Handed).
5. Drawing & Holstering, Dry Firing.
6. Emergency Procedures.
7. Range Safety.
Six (6) Hours Firearm Range Training Session
1. Range Procedures & Discipline.
2. Emergency Procedures.
3. Firearm Handling, Sights and Positions.
4. Dry Firing.
5. Grip, Breathing.
6. Avoiding Conflict.
7. Physical Present, Cover & Concealment
8. Loading & Reloading Procedures
9. Positions: 1. Standing and 2. Kneeling.
10. 100 Rounds of Fire: 50 Practice; and 50 Test.
11. Shooting Stages: 15-yards; 7-yards; 7-yards; 7-yards; 5-yards & 3-yards.
3. Safety Eye Glasses
4. Ear Protective Gears
5. Target, per Section 635.1 as specified by BSIS
6. California (BSIS) issued Updated Training Manuals & DVDs