The State of California BSIS required initial forty (40) hours Power to Arrest Training (Security Guard (G) Training) Course is offered in three (3) stages, as follow:
- Module A, 8-hour of Introductory Training.
- Module B, 16-hour of Mandatory Training.
- Module C, 16-hour of Elective Training.
MSTA Training Fees:
- Modules A, B and C training fee is $400
- Module A training fee is $100
- Modules B and C training fee is $300
California BSIS Guard Card (License) Processing Fees:
- Live Scan Fingerprints fees paid directly to Live Scan Operator is $70
- Initial Guard Card Application fee paid directly to BSIS is $55
The topics of this course includes, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities and ethics in citizen’s arrest
- Relationship between a security guard and a peace officer
- Restrictions on security guard power to arrest
- Restrictions on searches and seizures
- Criminal and civil liabilities
- Personal liabilities
- Employer liability
- Trespass laws
- Ethics and communications in emergency situation and response to medical emergency
MSTA method of training is designed to prepared each student:
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a Security Guard or Officers.
- Perform their duties professionally, within compliance of Contractual Agreements.
- Function in compliance with BSIS Laws, Rules and Regulations; and within compliance of Federal, State, Local Laws and Ordinances.
We issued ‘Certificate of Training‘ upon successful completion of each course.