MSTA is a California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) licensed Firearms Training Facility. License numbers: TFF1345 and P89.
MSTA was licensed in August of 2011, with the objectives to provide:
- BSIS with trained Applicants who are seeking Guard Registration and/or Permit for Exposed Firearm.
- Quality training to BSIS Active License Holders, utilizing updated training materials.
- Meaway Security Services and other Private Security Firms with trained job applicants.
Since August of 2011, MSTA has successfully trained over 380 individuals, including New Applicants and BSIS licensed Holders.
The Benefits For Training With MSTA, includes, but are not limited to:
- Attaining updated information.
- Understanding the subject matter.
- Gaining confidence and being ready to work with minimum supervision.
MSTA Training Programs are implemented in compliance with California Assembly Bill 2880, Senate Bill 194, and within BSIS Laws, Rules and Regulations. Training is conducted by:
- BSIS Active Trainers and Instructors, under the supervision of BSIS Licensed Private Patrol Qualified Managers.
- Utilizing BSIS Updated Training Manuals, DVDs and other approved Training Materials.
- First Aid, CPR/AED Courses are conducted by Certified Instructors, utilizing American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) updated Training Manuals and DVDs; within compliance of American Heart Association (AHA).
All applicants are trained and treated equally with respect regardless of gender, national origin, race, sexual preference or past criminal histories.
AT MSTA THERE IS NO SHORT CUT OR LESS THAN BSIS REQUIRED INITIAL OR MINIMUM TRAINING HOURS!
By signing up for training at MSTA, you are agreeing to successfully completing BSIS required training hours, prior to applying for any BSIS License.
Active or Retired Peace Officers who are seeking Guard Registration with CA BSIS and/or a Permit for Exposed Firearm (Licenses), are required to bring the items outlined below, or come prepared to register for BSIS required Training Courses:
- Active Peace Officer ID Card.
- Proof of Power to Arrest and Firearm Training Certificates issued by your Employer.
For additional information, call or come to our facilities.
We are open 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday thru Friday. Saturday, by Appointment.
Phone: (323) 389-8778
Fax: (323) 389-8797
Cell: (213) 909-2701